Humorous Odds1 and Ends2
1 sometimes very much so; 2 thankfully!☺
My humor preferences (both my own formations and what I enjoy) seems to favor word play, irony, and oddness. If you are willing to be pun-ished, feel free to continue reading, but do not say you have not been warned!
Bad Library Humor
- Running out of Amelia Bedilia books? Parish the thought!
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day shows that one should never ask "What's the Viorst that can happen?"
- The Gall of some people — asking for a Dinotrux book!
- As far as library books are concerned, the young children's section must be one of the least interesting parts of the library. There are so many board [bored] books!
- The author of the Harry Potter series was born for quarreling: She is a Row-ling.
- Why was the Department of Justice worker fired for using United Parcel Service?: He was UPS-trucking justice!
- What did melon-Tarzan say to melon-Jane when she questioned his insistence on a formal, family wedding?: "You, Jane; me, cantaloupe."
- How do you know you have gone too far in housebreaking a dog?: A completely broken dog says "Smooth, smooth!"
- An unhelpful correction: "You aren't a complete bozo. Bozo the Clown was funny."
- How can you tell when a southern folk musician is working hard at his craft?: Well, when he's playing the banjo, he ain't fiddling around.
- Why was President Nixon a Dick?: Apparently, his parents did not want to name him Thomas or Harold, so they named him Richard.
If the above did not dissuade you from reading further, you might take a look at the Big Sam's Anatomical Warehouse materials.